We take great pleasure in inviting you to 10th National ICT Conference 2014 organized by Information Technology Society, Nepal (IT-S, Nepal).
Indeed, the convergence of telecommunications, computer science and audio-visual gave us today new Information Communication Technologies (ICT) is a must kind of thing and gradually developing worldwide. In this regards we wish all the government and non-government agencies to adapt the ICT for a sustainable development while strengthening the national, regional and international co-operation.
In this regard, we need to multiply our efforts in integrating the use of ICTs in all our activities, our methods, working tools, our plans and programs of development. The “10th National ICT Conference 2014” should provide a platform for creating awareness about the opportunities, challenges and benefits derived by adoption of ICT in education.
About the event
Knowledge on technology can be shared between students and youths either it may be previously used technologies or newer one. It shall also pave way for people to share their views, thoughts, experiences and problem-solving techniques in ICT. We have found the following achievements can be gained again with “10th National ICT Conference 2014”.
● To have better understanding of ICT in Education
● To enable participants about the general concept of ICT and its impact on Education
● To understand the requirement of ICT Education in academic and other than academic
● To discuss the requirement and challenges in implementing ICT in Education in the country like Nepal
● To understand the policy and vision of government and other stakeholder for ICT in Education.
● To promote implementation of ICT in Education among Nepalese governments, community and stakeholders.
The event should draw the attention to the values of the ICTs and specifically to promote the use of ICTs and to outline the vision of the Nepal in building a knowledge society.
The event also aims at demonstrating the values and advantages of communicating digitally and in general how ICTs could improve our life quality.
Tracks of the conference:
- ICT Infrastructure and Human Resources for Education
Mahabir Pun, Nepal Wireless Networking Project
- Digital Materials & Tools for Education
Subir Pradhanang, Open Learning Exchange Nepal
- Vision (Master Plan) for ICT in Education
Narayan Krishna Shrestha, Ministry of Education
- Advancement and Initiatives for ICT in Education
Representatives from READ Nepal, Help Nepal Network, UNESCO, LTK, Department of IT etc.
- Building relation and sharing information using ICT tools.
Representatives from NREN, ICT for Agriculture, Janaki Technologies, Entrepreneurs for Nepal etc.
Target participants: students, faculties, policy makers, youth professionals around the nation.
IT-S Members: NPR. 750.00 (Required Renewed IT-S Member Card’s Photocopy)
Other Participants: NPR. 1000.00 only per participants.
Date: 31st May, 2014
Venue: Alpha House, Alpha Beta Complex, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Time: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
For further information, feel free to contact
Ghanshyam Khanal +977 9849141057 email@example.com
Gaurab Raj Pant +977 9841687825 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anu Shrestha +977 9851152629 email@example.com