IT-S, Nepal would like to share the WordCamp Nepal 2013 highlights which IT-S, Nepal supported on recent October.
WordCamp Nepal 2013 (Second WordCamp) here in Kathmandu, Nepal was successful enough. The wait by WordPressers for biggest WordPress event was finally over on Oct.26, 2013 where hundreds of WordPress lovers joined the 2nd WordCamp 2013 at Yalamaya Kendra, Patan. Every people were excited for the program to begin, of them many curiously asked about the WordCamp attractions and share their excitement regarding the event at registration desk. Then as per the schedule program was started at 10:00 am by the opening remarks by Mr. Ujwal Thapa, organizer of WordPress Nepal and founder of Digital Max Solutions. He welcomed all developers, designers, enthusiast and in the nutshell whole WordPress lovers and communities.
Then the session began in two halls parallel at same time with different topics. As per interest people join the session. Following were the session of the WordCamp Nepal 2013:
- The Future of Web Design Experience Chandra Maharzan
- WordPress as a distributed Social Network (WordPress as an API) Saurabh Shukla
- How To Become A WordPress Theme Developer Philip Arthur Moore
- eLearning on WordPress Pankaj Agrawal
- How To Get Your Theme On Top 15 Popular Themes at WordPress.org Sakin Shrestha
- WordPress as a Blogging Platform Ujwal Thapa
- Payment Gateway & Business Panel Discussion Bal K Joshi, Pravash Karki, Mohammad Tajim
- WordPress for Beginners Raushan Jaiswal
- SEO For WordPress Santosh Raut
- 5 reasons why “Parallax Websites” are awesome and how to create them Jimba Tamang
- Working with Child Themes and Why Utsav Singh Rathour
- WordPress Theme Development Panel Discussion Philip A Moore, Chandra Maharzan, Sakin Shrestha
- WordPress Security Mahadev Subedi
All of the topics were liked and had the positive response by all the participants. One of the participants told that the topics targeted all sorts of users both the professional and beginners. During the session hours there was nice flow of media to cover the grand WordPress Event. Medias took different views from the organizers, participants, speaker and volunteers. They measured the event from all possible angles. One of the reporters from Annapurna Post told that he found the event perfect and most important to notice was the satisfactory level of the participants that met their expectations. Medias also enquired raising various question as:
- What is Importance of WordPress in IT Market?
- Why WordPress is adaptable to people?
- What is the scenario of WordPress in Nepal?
- How is the competition going on among companies?
- What is the way to achieve success and gain economic benefit through WordPress?
- Organizers motive to conduct event
For various questions organizers: Mr. Chandra Maharzan, Founder Nhuja Concepts and Mr. Sakin Shrestha, Founder Catch Internet introduce the WordPress Nepal as a community of WordPress in Nepal, consisting of 1500+ members. The community has been doing monthly WordPress Event and yearly WordCamp. Mr. Shrestha and Mr. Maharzan portrayed different opportunity in WordPress through the development of Powerful Website to Themes and then Plugins. Then they forwarded the WordPress Market scenario as 57.1 % usage of WordPress in websites and famous blogs and sites using WordPress. Happily they shared their experience of using the WordPress and earning through themes in WordPress. For the case of Nepal, Mr. Chandra Maharzan and Mr. Sakin Shrestha told there are many freelancers working in WordPress in Nepal but from their angle the competition in WordPress is still low. An whole Nepal is in beginner phase but has many opportunities ahead in WordPress to start business and career. The keynote speaker Mr. Phillip Author Moore, Theme Broker Lead at Automattic during lunch hours told that he found the event very interesting and awesome. He reported that the “WordPress here in Nepal is being awesome and he loves to see the WordPress Community, people and their opinion, moving ahead with great efforts and he finds Community awesome”. He again joined his sentence saying he loves to visit Nepal to see the increasing interest in WordPress in Nepal and also wished all the best to the WordPress Nepal Community with delight. Another speaker Saurabh Shukla, from India was happy to know the WordPress events here in Nepal and he shared that everything associated with the event was perfect. There was a short photo session during Tea Break. During the break people introduce among each other and build the network. With the purpose of networking WordCamp schedule had also allocated break of 10/15 mins after each session so that participants, speaker and various groups can interact each other/ network. WordCamp for the year 2013 then finally ended after the closing remarks at 4:50 pm with notes of thanks and token of love to sponsors, speakers, participants, volunteers and organizers. Mr. Philip Author Moore handed Token of love’ to:
- Web Experts Nepal: Platinum Sponsor
- Glass Blade and Last Door Solutions: Gold Sponsor
- Bluehost: WordCamp Champion
- Jasper IT Pvt. Ltd, Catch Themes, Nhuja Concepts: Silver Sponsor
- CODE POET: WordCamp Accomplice
- Annapurna Post: Media Sponsor
- Vianet: Internet Partner
- Supporters: IT-S, Nepal and Biruwa Ventures.
- Organizers and Volunteers
At last volunteers expressed they were delighted to volunteer on such great event and MCs were also very happy to conduct the event. They thanked WordPress Nepal through co-organizers, Mr. Ghanshyam Khanal , Co-Founder of NCOM Services, Secretary (IT-S, Nepal) and Mr. Suvash Khadka, Executive Member(IT-S, Nepal). One of the adult participant corroborated that he was begineer to WordPress but he has got the things he desired through the WordCamp and he expressed two Panel Discussion was touching program to him. A lady participant answered to the question raised by Mr. Suvash Khadka, “How do you find the event?”- I find this event to be very good as I got immense knowledge on WordPress than I had earlier, now I can explore more via google, another thing I like in the event was there are lady participants as well on the event, which I like it a lot
Then the team finally packed up with the promise to meet at Regular Monthly WordPress Event at Biruwa Ventures, Baluwatar.